October 8, 2010

Here she is!

I was started at 8:00 am, and things were going pretty well. I had never been induced before. So it was a new experience. But really wasnt too crazy. We were all guessing that she would be here shortly after noon. Well noon came and gone. My mom, sister and sister n law came up to be in the delivery room. Well things werent going anywhere and by this time I was a 6. So I decided to get the epidural. The contractions werent bad at all, but I decided I would just get it so I wouldnt tire myself out. After that was set in place my mom, sister, sister n law and Brandon decided to go down to the cafeteria to get some lunch. About 10 minutes later my doctor came in and asked how things were going, and how fast I wanted things to move. I just kinda shrugged my shoulders, not knowing. But now regretting not saying "yea lets break my water and get things going". I didnt, so he said he was going to go check on another patient of his and then would be back. He left and I started feeling dizzy, and felt like really weird. So I called Brandon wondering if they were on their way back. They were so I waited till them came back, explained what I was feeling. So we called the nurse in, she checked my blood pressure, and it had dropped to 73/39. So they made everyone but Brandon leave the room, tilted my bed back, so I was basically upside down,and put oxygen on me. Kept checking my blood pressure every few minutes for about a half hour. During that time my mom is out in the hall wondering what was going on. She peaked her head in to see if everything was ok and saw what was going on and mouthed is everything ok. Which at the time it was getting better. Yes that was crazy, but we fixed it and got back to normal. It did take a while to get back all the way. After everything was normal there was no show of Dr Brown. He never came back, so I decided to ask where he was. I guess he had an emergency C-section. Then a couple more hours passed, and asked again where he was, he had to go back to the office for a few hours. I wasnt too happy, but what was I supposed to do. I wasnt progressing much I was only an 8. I got a new nurse by this time, and she was shocked I was still in labor. So she helped my water to break, which really got things going. Within the half hour I was ready, my doctor showed up. I pushed one and half times, with laughing and she was out. 9 lbs 12 oz, 21 in long. She is beautifull and healthy.
My sister n law who hasnt had kids yet, said that it was nothing like the movies and tv make it out to be. When my doctor cracked a joke , he asked where the red hair came from after her head came out. So we were all laughing. She loved it that we were all laughing in the middle of labor. Labor is a miracle that I have enjoyed being a part of. I really think it is amazing. And am very blessed to have 4 healthy girls.

Here she is 9 lbs 12 oz.Yep you heard that right she is big, and it was very unexpected. We were all shocked

She is here and they all love her to pieces.

People said she looked a little asian. But she is still swollen in this picture, she could barely open her eyes.

The contractions, by this time I had an epidural.

Dr Brown getting ready to deliver this little one, we cant wait.

Mommy and Mylee

Daddy and Mylee

Grandma Hind

Aunt Lani (my sister)

Kelsie and Mylee

Jillian and Mylee

Annie and Mylee, and yes she was very scared of Mylee at first but grew to love her a lot.

2 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

What a sweet little baby! Isn't it crazy how each birth can be so different? My blood pressure did that when I had Ashlee- I was totally freaking out because I thought I wasn't and couldn't breathe. Turns out I was laying to far back after my epidural and it can numb your chest and gives the feeling of not breathing even though I was. But the blood pressure drop scared me- I hadn't ever had that- they gave me a shot and I was fine after a few minutes... doing much better then my very pale husband!:)
Congrats on another healthy little girl!!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Oh we are so glad that Mylee is here. How exciting.