April 28, 2010

Our Little Getaway!

We just got back from a little getaway to St. George. We went down with Brandon for a work Conference. The weather wasn't the best, but Brandon was able to play golf when we got there. And we were able to swim, indoors (while it was down pouring) and outside, since the pool was like 85 degrees. It was really nice to swim in. Other activities we did while down there, we went to a really fun park. I sure got an ab workout from it. It was not your normal park. We went hiking in Snow Canyon, went to dinner with my brother and his wife (thanks for full filling my Mexican food craving). The girls and I went shopping for some summer clothes while Brandon was at his conference all day. We went to this awesome new Frozen Yogurt place. If you ever go to St George stop by KRAVE, it is off of St George Blvd. It is self serve frozen yogurt, and they charge you by the oz. So you can put however much ice cream, and toppings you desire. The girls loved it too. They need one up here. Of course we stopped by the Beaver Cheese outlet to get some "Squeaky Cheese", and ate out many times. But I have to tell you we never went anywhere that had fries. Pretty good I thought. On the way home we stopped at Red Cliffs and hiked around, and the water was full enough that people were swimming and jumping into the pools of water. Crazy, I say Crazy!!! We found where the caterpillars hatch and migrate. We were walking under a bunch of trees, by a little creek. Its where a picnic area is. But as we were walking across the little bridge across the creek we saw a caterpillar. But we didn't know that there was only one. There were millions, there were probably 10 per footstep, the ground was covered. It was disgusting, we walked through there so fast. I have no idea how people were camping by that. I would be afraid they would be crawling in my sleeping bag. The trees were covered with the nest of these caterpillars. So they were dropping from the trees. We definitely checked ourselves to make sure there weren't any catching a ride.

I realized I hadn't taken any pictures our whole trip. But I did take some while we were hiking in Red Cliffs.


Our little family, Jillian was terrified of the cliff behind us, so she was not happy to be standing there.

I tried taking a picture of all three of them. But Kelsie was the only one cooperating with me. I cant believe how big she is getting so fast. :(

The last time we came hiking up here was when Jillian was about 14 months old. And we had taken a picture of Kelsie and Jillian on this bench. So we thought we would recreate it with the three of them.


The girls thought this looked like a Dragon, or a Dinosaur.

4 comments:

kimbob said...

there is a yogurt place like that in Orem we stopped at after eating at Outback Steakhouse back in December. I was too full to eat it but others did. We need one of those up in SL for sure.
You guys have been busy and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes by fast!

mommyoffour said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good time! Cute pictures!

Cyd said...

I love your pictures at Red Cliffs! I've never been there at the same time as the caterpillars. That does sound gross to camp there right now! Glad you guys had a fun weekend despite the weather. We are headed there in a couple of weeks!

Becky and Bryce said...

Looks so relaxing. I LOVE relaxing! Glad you had so much fun!