Most have you had heard that our ward did a family Trek. Which means that the whole family goes, even the little kids. It wasnt just for youth and adults. I know your thinking I am crazy. Well I thought so too. I will be honest I didnt love it, it will be an experience that I and my family will never forget. If you ask any of my family if they liked it they will say no. But I know that there were parts here and there that they liked.
The first day was the worst, hardest day ever in my whole life. It started out ok, but as the day went on we kept walking, and the wind and dust kept picking up. It was awfull, I dont know if any of you remember this storm it was the first part of August. The winds were at least 50 miles per hour. And we were out in a big open field of dust and weeds. After the first stop I was dying of allergies, and I didnt think I had allergies. There were kids that were finding out that had allergies. It was not fun. We had lots of dirt in our teeth. But after I think 9 miles of walking we found a place that we could be a little sheltered from the wind and dust. My kids were beat, and couldnt even eat their dinner. They fell asleep pretty fast. Kelsie had pulled the entire first day, she did awesome I am so proud of her. Jillian she walked the first half of that day, but then was able to ride in the kids carts which was nice. She deffinatly would have not made it. And Annie she just rode in the jogging stroller the entire time and didnt complain once. I am very greatfull for that.
The next day was a little better, we packed up and started walking again. Not so much walking but still a little walking. Found a place for lunch, which half of the lunch was stolen my "robbers" so my girls ate, and I was able to nibble on what they didnt eat. They decided to make camp there for the night. We had a nice dinner, and had other ward members come up for a fireside and cake that evening. That night was pretty fun, after we put the girls to bed, we went back down to the fire and hung out with a couple other ward members. It was fun to talk and get to know them better. But it was pretty interesting to walk back through all the tents and listen to all the people that snored. It was like a band. It was very funny, we got a good laugh out of it.
The final day we were all gettin ready to leave to head out for the day's walk, when a General on horse came to get all the men because they were to go off to war. I knew it was coming, but really didnt want it too. This was probably the most memorable, and hardest part of the trek. Kelsie was bawling, she didnt understand what was going on. She really thought they were going to war, and that she wouldnt see him for a year. It really put in in perspective, of how greatfull I am that my husband doesnt have to go off to war. But I am greatfull for those that do.
So we had the "womens pull". We amazingly did, will as many extra strollers and kids carts that we had we were able to make it.
As we came around the corner, and saw them men lined up on both sides hold their guns unpright, it was very emotional. We were told not to talk or touch the men. Which was even harder for the kids, they were excited to see their dads. It was a very emotional experience but one I will never forget, it was tough. Then we had to pull a little ways more and had to cross the "river" and get all wet. It actually wasnt that bad to get wet, it kinda felt good. Over all it was an experience I will never forget, yes I wanted to give up and go home, but I am glad we stuck it out. We would have missed the best part.
The girls with our wagon. Getting ready to go.
This is where Annie sat the entire trip, she did awesome. Our stroller is trashed now, but it was the best thing to have for her.
Brandon and Bro. Osenss pulling our wagon. The Osnesses were a part of our family.
Setting out, the trail of people.
Jillian hanging out in the kids cart, this is where we could find her the entire time.
My hot looking husband, I think he looked awesome in his hat. And look at his shirt, I made this too. I actually made two of them. This was my trial and error one, the other one is a lot better. Standing next to him is Bryce.
Brother Rojas helping Annie put her hat back on. I thought it was very sweet of him.
Kelsie, jillian and Annie playing with the kids cart in their free time.
"Kicking a rock, kicking a rock" That is what the girls sang as they pulled the handcart.
Men coming back to their families after war.
Kelsie keeping herself hydrated. We lucked out, no one got sick or dehydrated. And mainly no one in our family got any blisters. There were many of those in the ward.
Kelsie, I love this picture. Brandon wanted a picture of her in his hat. Brandon took this picture, I think it is so cute.
We made it, I know there are no pictures of me in any of these. But guess who holds the camera, and cares to take pictures? That would be me. But better off I looked rediculous.
8 years ago



1 comment:
Oh my! You guys are troopers! I don't know if I could do that. What an awesome opportunity that was for your family!
Kelsie looks so cute in that picture with Brandons hat! Love it!
Post a Comment