June 25, 2009

Crazy, but fun day!

So the morning didnt start out good. Becky and I had planned to go to Jazzersise in the morning. And so that would mean that all 6 of our kids had to go the the child care. Well we show up, and 3 out of the 6 were crying and did not want to go in. So after paying and ending up having to get a refund we left. We thought we could go walking at Jordan River park way while the kids rode their bike, but I had to be back for Visiting Teaching. So we tried going for a walk around the neighborhood but Jillian is all the sudden terrified of her bike she wouldnt ride it. So we ended up turning around and coming home. I was not happy, as you can see I didnt get my excersie in. Becky had asked if we wanted to go to "This is the Place Heritage Park" there was a coupon for $5.00 off. We went and got lunch real quick at the park, barely got there in time, they had almost ran out. Then headed up there. Things were looking up. We made it up there and had a great time. It was a bit to hot for my liking, but the kids had fun.

Riding on the train to go around the park to see what there was to do.

Kelsie making newspaper.

All six of our kids in the old School house. This was their favorite part. I like how they are sitting in age order.

Me trying to get a good picture of Annie.

Jillian petting a lamb. They surprisingly were willing to pet the animals.

Kelsie and Hailey petting animals.

Kelsie and Annie riding the pony. Annie was thrilled to ride a "horse" She loved it.

Hailey and Molly

Josh got his own pony.
Jillian is not on a pony because she didnt want to ride on one.
All in all it was a fun day, the kids got to learn and see new things. We didnt get to see as much as we wanted because they close so early. So we will have to go back another time. I was surprised that they were interested in seeing all the old buildings. I enjoyed it.

7 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun day! You're such a good Mom!! I used to work up there. It was great getting into costume every day. =)

Cyd said...

I've wanted to do this with my kids. I'll have to when we are up there in August.

Becky and Bryce said...

You need to send me copies of your pictures. I can't believe I forgot my camera!!!! Turned out so cute! (SERIOUSLY THOUGH... WHAT A DAY!)

kimbob said...

sorry you had a hectic day but looks like in the end it turned out pretty nice! Oh how I wish I didn't work :(

Annie said...

I have been wanting to go up there. Now I will. I am glad your day got better. Your girls are adorable.

Amy said...

You are very daring to still go do something the same day that nothing was working. Glad the day improved. I love that picture of them in the schoolhouse. Very cute. They look like they are learning a lot in class.

Unknown said...

i have also wanted to go here all summer too, do you know how much longer they are open or are they open all year long? I hear they do some fun stuff around Halloween too.

love the picturs!