Can I say that I love having a big family. I always have, and always thought I was special to have so many cousins. Again it was a fun time to get together with my dads side of the family. We havent done anything for a while but we put together a camping family reunion and had a great turnout. Except for a lot of rain it still turned out great. We had to reroute where we were going, the original spot didnt work. A few families got stuck on their way up the muddy slippery hill. They ended up coming down to where our other destination was. We ended up going to Scofield which luckily had enough spots available all in a row. I thought it was kinda fun we basically had our own street to ourselves. They didnt have campfire pits so we would sit out in the middle of the road with all our chairs. We had great activties for the kids, great food and best of all great company. My girls loved it, there were so many new cousins to play with. I didnt get any pictures of them, but we really didnt have to worry where they were. Except if they were down by the lake. All in all it was a great time, and am excited for next year.
This is not all of us, I think I heard that there were 66 of us that made it up. There were quite a few that couldnt make it. But this was a great group of us.
Here we are sitting on "our street" hanging out.
My three girls and their hiking sticks. That was one of their favorite activity.
Going for a hike (walk) with dad
It did rain a few times. Here is Von and Julia in the down pour while trying to cook lunch. He was cooking his hotdogs over the stove because we didnt have a firepit. You can see the rain in the picture.
Chad and Candice hiding out in our trailer waiting for it to stop raining.
The line up of kids to make the rocket fly. Whoever brought this game was a lifesaver. The kids would have done it forever.
This I thought was a great picture of Kelsie just sending the rocket flying, while everyone in the picture is looking up high in the sky for it, she is looking at the camera.
We did some fishing, my brother Chad happened to bring his pole and tackle. We werent planning on being by a lake. Brandon was happy. Here is My mom, dad and Annie chilling, watching them fish.
8 years ago



3 comments:
Thanks for posting pictures of the reunion! These are the first I've seen. I heard it was a great time despite the weather and I'm glad that having to switch locations worked out as well as it did.
I'll take credit for the rocket. :) I'm excited for next year too!
Oh man that looks like fun. It makes me excited for our Luce reunion in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment