This picture is the most recent picture I have of them, this is on Annies Blessing day.
Today has been a day of many thoughts. We knew that it was coming sooner than we wanted. My mom just called me to tell me that my Grandpa isnt doing too well and that they only give him a week or two. Which is not what we wanted to hear. We knew that he has been getting really weak, and has had a few falls. He fell the other day, and has been getting worse. He isnt responding well and doesnt look good.
So today I have been thinking of all the memories that I have of him. Many of you know that he is deaf, and has been since his childhood. But to me it has been wonderfull to see that side of life. I have enjoyed learning his language, and to see him smile and be sooo happy when I can communicate with him. I dont know it too well but enough to communicate with him and my grandma. I have a hard time interpreting prayers, but I love to do it for him when he has been over to my parents house for dinner. Just to see his smile, that I did it.
He has taught me many things, and also my dad. A few memories that I have is when we would ride in his truck with him, and my dad. Everytime we would get in, he would do the little nuckle punch, where he puts his elbow in our tummy and give a little punch with his other hand. He was always smiling and I knew that was his way of playing. He loves horses, I remember watching him, and his horse in the July 4th Horse parade that used to be in West Jordan. He has a great love for work, he would always be helping, and when he couldnt help he would love to just sit and watch. Which he still does. He loves to watch my kids play, and loves to see them smile and happy. He has always kept busy, untill he has started getting weak, and having health problems. But I remember him riding his bike everywhere. We were fortunate to live only a couple blocks away from them, when we were growing up. And he would walk over all the time just to visit. He loved to go on walks. He loves to spend time with his big family. I love to see the way he loves my Grandma, there was a time this year when she had to live in a physical therapy center for a while. And the separation was just awfull for him. He would be taken to visit her everyday, and he just never wanted to leave her. And when they would say goodbye for the night it was very sad. I am very thankfull for family, and that I have been able to be apart of his family. He will be missed, and I know this sounds like he is already gone. But I just had to express my love for him while I had been thinking about it. He will be greatly missed.
8 years ago



13 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa. our prayers are with you and your family at this time.
im sorry to hear that:(
what fun memories of your grandpa!
i will keep you in our prayers too!!
I'm so sorry- it's so hard to watch people we love get older and then get closer to going. It's great you have those memories though- it's good for your kids to know them as they get older so he can still be part of their life.
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I think it's great you posted this that way you have some memories down of him. It's always hard especially this time of year. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers
I saw Grandpa today and in doing so many memories similar to yours came flooding back. I too will miss him and his wonderful sense of humor. I will miss him.
What sad news! I'm so sorry, Aubrey! I remember seeing your grandparents at "mixed" family things, like baby blessings and stuff. They are so cute and happy! We're praying for you guys, especially for your grandma. 143!
I loved reading about your memories Aubrey. It brought smiles to my mouth and tears to my eyes as I share a lot of the very same memories.
Our prayers are with you. Brian lost his grandpa on Thanksgiving day. And no matter how much you think you have prepared yourself, it is never easy. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your family.
Thank you for all your comments. I really do appreciate them. He did pass away early this morning. He is in a more peacefull, painfree, place. I am greatfull that I will be able to see him again.
I'm so sorry about your Grandpa (grandpa's are the BEST!!!!) All of mine are gone, you are very lucky to have had him around to know your children. I wish mine had known mine (wow that was crazy). I'll be thinking of you!
I haven't thought about the knuckle punch for a while...but I do it to my kids too! Some things just have to be passed on! Thanks for sharing your memeories!
Thanks Aubrey for sharing. The grandkids didn't get to share at the funeral so it was nice to hear some memories from you. He was a good example for the family and I'm sure that he felt your love these last few weeks.
Thanks for sharing Aubrey. During the funeral the grandkids didn't really get to share so it's nice that you have. He was a great example of an honest man and one with a great sense of humor. We'll miss his smile but we'll always have his love.
Post a Comment