September 26, 2007

6 months old

Can you believe that Annie is 6 months old. Where has the time gone? Luckily she is still my small little baby. Here are a few updates.
We went to her Dr appointment last Wednesday, and she weighs only 13 lbs, (10%) is 26" long (45%). The dr is a little concerned that she is not gaining weight, but I explained that I was sick and probably had some part in it. And she hasnt really felt good. She said that I need to supplement, but I laughed and said she refuses formula, and really wont take a bottle. She asked if she eats solids, nope, she really hasnt taken to that either. Untill just in the last few days. So I am in the process of trying to see if I can get my supply up. So if any of you have any suggestions let me know.
Other things she is doing at 6 months, she is sitting up by herself, finally eating solids but very picky on what she eats. She is always laughing with her sisters, and talking (babbleing). She has this little squeal that makes you laugh. She is not sleeping as well as she used to but I guess that is normal when she is starting to be able to do things by herself. So hopefully she will get better again.
These are just a few pictures of her loving her food, finally!!!!



She is laughing in this picture, it sprayed everywhere. And sure is a messy eater. She hasnt really figured out that her tounge doesnt do all the work. :)

5 comments:

Becky and Bryce said...

Yah Aubrey
You got little Annie to try some solids. I am so happy for you. Hopefully she'll continue to try new things. She's just tooo cute.

Darrell and Alissa said...

It's always so fun when they get bigger, but it's so sad at the same time! She reminds me so much of Kelsie.

Unknown said...

WOW 6 months already?? that is crazy! she is so cute and seems like a very happy baby!!

Samantha said...

What a doll! It really is sad how fast it goes! I wouldn't worry too much about her weight. She & Hollie are just teeny. All that matters is that they're healthy, right?!

Amy said...

If you do decide to supplement with formula. Brandon and I had a breakthrough one night when Bode was sick. We just couldn't console him. He acted hungry, but would only suck for a minute then cry so we got despirate. I've tried to give Bode formula a few different times with no luck. So Brandon put just a little brown sugar in with the bottle and Bode gobbled it up and went right to sleep. the next couple of bottles we put less and less in until about the third one with nothing and he has loved it ever since. After him being sick I think he just needed more then I was supplying at this point. It sure made weaning him easy too. He now only nurses if he wakes up in the early morning and then once more in the morning to even me out. :) It might help to try before bed too so she'll go back to sleeping great because she'll have a full belly. Anyway, that's my experience. Good luck.