January 10, 2011

Christmas Card and Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we always go bowling with my dads side of the family in the afternoon, which has been a tradition since I can remember. Then we go to Brandons Parents for a big Christmas dinner with Prime Rib, that evening. This year was just as good as years past. We really enjoy the tradition and hope to keep it. The kids love getting together with their cousins, getting pumped up and excited for Santa to come that night. It reminds me of when I was growing up. After dinner and cleanup of dinner we do the gift exchange between the cousins, and the adults. Then Grandma does her annual one gift of Pajamas to all the kiddos. Another tradition that they have done, Grandpa Elzinga is big into coin collecting. So every time a baby is born on Christmas Eve they get their Birth Years coin proof set. This year it was Mylee and Peytins turn. Love that tradition as well. My kids will remember them for years. This year the kids wanted to do little programs for everyone that evening. Robyns Kids sang and signed, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, as Karsen played the guitar. Kelsie played a Christmas song on the Keyboard There were a few more performances, as Jillian sang her French Christmas song that she sang at the school Sing a long, by herself. Kendra sang I am a Child of God in French. And then the three girls sang Candles in the Window, and signed with it. The movie is at the bottom of this post but not sure if it is working. It was fun to see everyone willing to perform. Everyone is growing up so fast. Mylee and Peytin in their Christmas Jammie's that Grandma and Grandpa gave them. Since it was very cold and snowy when we decided to take pictures for Christmas Cards, we tried doing them ourselves, just in the house. Well the lighting is always tricky, and of course trying to get all four girls to look to the camera, or at least look decent is hard. Well the best picture that I did get ended up being blurry. Yep not happy about that. Oh well, so here is the pictures we were planning on using for Christmas cards, that didn't get done. We didn't send any out this year, which I am bummed about. Guess there is always next year, and I am going to try harder to get them done earlier. My four beautiful girls, I honestly feel so blessed to have four, healthy, beautiful, smart girls. Jasper Dog, he didn't appreciate us putting this on him. I only got it for $2.00 so I thought I would buy it. As soon as we stopped looking he would pull the antlers off. Doesn't he look like the Grinch's dog? This is how I bribed Annie to take her picture, by letting her take my picture. Not the best, I think I am talking when she snapped it.



No comments: