February 3, 2009

Bunch of Sickies

We made it through a tough week. It all started out a week ago Sunday, January 25th. We came home from church, fed the kids lunch, and laid Annie down for a nap. Well Brandon came home from counting, and Annie started crying, it wasnt a normal cry, but she had only been asleep for 40 minutes. It wasnt long enough, so we just let her cry back to sleep. So Home Teacher came, and I thought she was now way over sleeping, so I went and got her out and she was covered in throwup. Oh I felt so bad, kept appologizing. I close her door all the way so I couldnt peek in to see anything. So we just thought it was somthing she ate and decided to still go to Sunday dinner at his parents. She didnt have a fever either. So she was fine, playing fine, didnt eat much for dinner but that is normal. That night we get home put her to bed, and she coughs which makes her throw up. Cleaned it up, and it happened again few hours later. Next day we are trying to keep liquids in her, but she couldnt keep anything down. Then Wednesday night my stomach starts hurting, I didnt sleep at all, and was out of it Thursday, I slept all day, thankfully Brandon went to work for a couple hours then came home. He said that night that he wasnt feeling well either, and had to stay home Friday too. While Annie this whole time has thrown up twice everyday. We kept her hydrated but she kept throwing up and sleeping alot. I had called the dr, but we decided she was ok, as long as she was hydrated and didnt have a fever. I tell ya it is very draining to clean up and wash clothes, sheets, blankets over and over. Especially when you are sick too. Well we made it through, Sunday she didnt throw up, Monday nothing. So we are thinking we are all good. YEA!!!! I really hope and pray that the other two girls dont get it. I was constantly reminding them to wash their hands, no kissing Annie, etc. I hope this nightmare is over. Hope none of you get it either.

....My dad just called me and said he thinks he has it, oops, now I feel bad we probably gave it to him......

12 comments:

kimberly said...

That stinks! But I am glad to hear you are all feeling better.

Cyd said...

Those bugs are evil I tell ya. I'm surprised your other girls didn't get it! It does especially stink when the mommy of the family has to get it too! Glad you're feeling better now.

Lindsay said...

Curse winter!! Hope your luck gets better soon!!

Stephanie said...

ugh! i hate the flu, im sorry! i hope she gets to feeling better soon! (i still wish i had a special vaccum just for throw up!)

Unknown said...

oh no! I am SO sorry to hear you were sick! that is NO fun, I HATE cleaning up throw up. That is hard when you were sick yourself and had to clean up too. I am glad you are feeling better.

Angela said...

Oh, that is no fun...I hope you are all doing better this week!

kimbob said...

I am sorry also you guys have been sick. And for it to last so long for her. Ugh! If you ever need me please let me know, your other 2 could have come over and played. Keep me in mind but I hope it doesn't get like that again, especially with you. Stinks when mom is sick too!

kimbob said...

I am sorry also you guys have been sick. And for it to last so long for her. Ugh! If you ever need me please let me know, your other 2 could have come over and played. Keep me in mind but I hope it doesn't get like that again, especially with you. Stinks when mom is sick too!

kimbob said...

I am sorry also you guys have been sick. And for it to last so long for her. Ugh! If you ever need me please let me know, your other 2 could have come over and played. Keep me in mind but I hope it doesn't get like that again, especially with you. Stinks when mom is sick too!

The Ludwig Family said...

No fun, I hope every one gets feeling better. Andrew had the same thing at about 1 1/2 and we ended up at primarys with two bags of fluid.

The Ludwig Family said...

No fun, I hope every one gets feeling better. Andrew had the same thing at about 1 1/2 and we ended up at primarys with two bags of fluid.

Marcie said...

I hear ya. We just got back from the hospital with Tommy. He was so dehydrated and had some infection (we still don't know where) so we have been doing the fluid/antiobiotic thing for 3 days. Misery!
I'm glad it sounds like you are all at the tail end of things.