July 15, 2008

I cant believe it...

I know I cant believe it either. But I have been talked into running. :) Actually it is kind of by choice. I thought I would try it. I think I am in pretty good shape, but honestly I hate running. But a friend of mine and I have started running a couple nights a week. She is a pro, and is being nice to stay behind with me. But last night was our first night, and I am afraid I started out to fast, and long. We went 2.7 miles. Of course we didnt run the whole time, but majority of it. And I am a little sore, and was very tired all day.
So I ask all you professional/ experienced runners how do you train to run a 5k, or a 10K? We are starting with a 5k. Any suggestions are welcome.

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good for you guys. I'm afraid I couldn't keep up with you. I HATE running. I think it is because of my asthma, I always feel like I can't breathe!!

Nichole said...

It depends on when you are planning to run a 5k...if you google 5k training you will find a bunch of training schedules that really work. They consist of running/walking workouts and your running time goes up each workout. After running a couple of weeks your body gets used to it and it will become so much easier. You will hit a point where you could just keep running without being out of breath for a while! Anyway, google 5k training...I suggest the Cool Running website!! Good luck and keep us updated!

kimbob said...

I'm proud of you and am glad you're taking on this challenge, I admire you. We already talked about this :)

Kellie Glade said...

Aubrey, that sounds like so much fun. I promise you'll like running by the time you finish training. I ran in high school both track and cross country and was up to running a good 10 miles a day. You couldn't even get me to run a straight mile solid today.I really need to get back into it. Running is a great stress reliever for me. As for any suggestions...stick to a schedule and don't burn yourself out. Let your body gradually get conditioned. Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

good for you! that is awesome! I need to get running again!! maybe you will be my motivation!!

Becky and Bryce said...

You're so smart to get the input of the blogging world. Why didn't I think of that!! How do you feel today?

mommyoffour said...

I had lots of fun when I went with you guys. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Although, I feel like it is a love/hate relationship when I am running up a "hill"! :)

Ladybug143 said...

You are better than I am. I HATE running and always have. Best of luck!

Ladybug143 said...

You are better than I am. I HATE running and always have. Best of luck!

{Quellie} said...

Good for you! What an accomplishment. In answer to your question...I found the furniture through a really good friend who's dad is a lawyer. He helps people with property investments and there just happened to be a guy he'd worked with that was closing a bunch of vacation rental properties he owned that were fully furnished. It was the funnest thing I have ever done...shopping through those homes. I really did get a killer deal! How are you all doing? I hope good!!

Erin said...

Good for you Aubrey! Come run the Swiss Days 10k with me.

Lindsay said...

Hey! I finally got to checking your blog out and I love it! So fun to see your little family!

Lindsay Kay said...

Good for you! I have no words of wisdom because I like the old you hate running - I am trying road biking instead. Keep with it - it does great things for your heart!

Amy said...

That's great Aubrey. I've been thinking easing into running as well. I have to wait a few more weeks of recovery though. Hope you're enjoying it.