February 5, 2008

What a Day!

Today I had the privledge of watching a friends three girls, while she took Jillian and her daughter to dance. (I dont know if she will let me again :)) But anyways she has 18 month old twins and it was only for 45 minutes, I think I can handle that. Well they were fine, playing good, I asked the older sister if they were good with stairs, and she said yes. One goes down on her stomach, and the other on her bum facing front. So they had gone up and down a few times, and figured they were ok. But 10 minutes before she got there, I was upstairs in the kitchen reading a paper, and they were sitting on the top stairs ready to go down. They were going to follow their big sister, and Kelsie. Well all of the sudden out of the corner of my eye I see one of them fall. All the way down 13 stairs. My heart stopped, I was scared to death. I ran, while telling the girls not to pick her up because I wanted to make suer that she was not hurt. But she stood right up, and was crying, which I was greatfull for. She just put her hand on her head showing me that her head hurt. But oh my gosh, I was so scared. I didnt have their moms cell number or any way to contact her. But luckily she was ok.

So it has been a while since I have posted anything. But I thought I would give you a few highlights of the past little while.

Kelsie and Jillian are still taking dance and enjoy it alot. Jillian has a friend that signed up in her class and loves having her there. Kelsie is learning more harder technique so she says.
Kelsie lost tooth number 3 yesterday. It was one of her top front teeth, the ones that I have been dreading. But she was happy to finally get it out.
Annie turned 10 months a few weeks ago, but are doing so many grown up things. It amazes me how fast she learns things now. I taught her to sign please, and tried Milk but it is the same as Bye, bye. So she wont do it. When she waves bye bye, she uses both hands. But when you say "hi" she has this wave that looks like the bueaty pageant wave. I am going to put a video of it, when I get her to do it. She thinks it is hillarious. She has finally figured that if you roll over and over you can get to somthing. And she also has figured out how to sit up. Yeah!!! Also another big thing that happened today she finally has figured out how to crawl!!!!! She only goes a little ways but I think she is going to get it fast. I gotta watch out, she is going to be into everything. But it is sooooo fun. That is just a few things that the girls have been up to.


Here are a few things that the girls have said that I have to write for journaling purposes.
Kelsie :
She was trying to help Jillian get ready to go over to a friends house, but of course being the child that she is. She was taking her sweet little time. So Kelsie came to me and said, "Jillian is stressing me out!" I thought does she even know what stress is? And I wondered who she heard it from. Because I dont say that, I just say that they are driving me crazy. I thought it was funny.

Jillian: She has this little attitude and says things very dramatically. But the other day she kept saying "Oh my gosh" It was slowly said. I dont know if you have ever heard the song, that says "Oh my gosh Becky, look at her " well picture her saying the "Oh my gosh" in a snotty way. You probably had to be her, and to see her facial expression. Funny, funny girl.



Anyways, sorry to bore you just had to write them down.
I dont have pictures right now, it is late. I will post them later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is aweful about one of the twins falling down the stairs! I would have been a wreck! I am glad she was ok.

Alyssa fell down our stairs LAST spring and Anika STILL talks about it. I was glad she was ok as well. That was so scary!!

I can't believe Annie is already 10 months! that is CRAZY!! Time goes way too fast doesn't it? can we pause time for a little bit so our kids will slow down?

Nichole said...

Ava is VERY interested in the stairs these days. I have let her get to the steps to see what she will do and she would love to go down!! That scares me so bad!

BTW - I used patterned scrapbook paper from www.blackberrypaper.com for my backgrounds. They have TONS of paper!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Kids falling down the stairs is the worst! I remember when Kelsie fell down ours and I felt horrible! Aren't we glad they recover quickly, much quicker then adults would!

Amy said...

We all watched as Bode's second cousin went rolling down stairs once. Luckily her brother caught her at the bottom, bit it is an aweful feeling and takes some time to get over. Thank goodness for flexible, resiliant kids or they would never survive. I shiver at the thought of Bode falling down our stairs, with the open railing and possible landing on tile. I'm so glad we have a door above them.
I'm so happy to see a new post!Your girls are so funny. Such attitude. I can totally picture them both saying those things.

Becky and Bryce said...

glad you are all doing well. I wondered when a new post would arrive. I can't believe she fell down the stairs. I would have been totally freaking out!!!