June 26, 2007

Quick camping trip

So we went camping a few weekends ago, just for the fun of it. It was only a one nighter but it was a lot of fun. We are just preparing for our family campout in August, oh yea and the ward campout at the end of July. My girls love to camp and fish, which is lucky for dad. We went up to the Uintas, up by Mirror Lake, and Trial lake and a few other little lakes. We actually fished at Trial lake, but camped lower because their was still some patches of snow up at Trial lake. It was perfect as far as warm at night and about 80s during the day. Anyways here are a few pictures.

The one above is of Jillian catching her fish with daddys pole, she thought it was funny trying to reel it in. She was bent down using all her strength she could.

This is Kelsie reeling in a fish also. I am not sure you can see it, but it was the biggest I think.
Cute picutre up by the ponds at Mirror Lake, the mosquitos were nasty so we didnt stay long. We were wanting to walk around the lake but wanted to get out of there as fast as we could.
Here is the Provo Falls, we have never stopped here, but it is on the way up to Mirror lake. We have been to Mirror Lake quite a bit but never stopped but it was fun and very pretty. It is a good stop to take a family picture but take someone to take the picutre. Obviously that is why we didnt have ours taken. But those of you going to ward campout you will be driving past this so stop and hike around a bit. It is really pretty.
Sitting by the campfire waiting for our boyscout dinners to cook. Jillians smile was like that the whole weekend. "Silly Jilly"

The girls love to play in the tent.
Getting the poles ready to fish.
Annies First camping trip, she loved being outdoors.

And this is Jillians dirty face. Those are oreos, luckily not dirt. But she did have her share of dirt all over her nice shirt and shorts. My fault for not changing her before we left. But look at those eyelashes they are so long and thick.

3 comments:

RaeLynn said...

I love Mirror Lake! The Uintas are still pretty cold this time of year though right? I want to go camping so bad! Looks like you all had fun. How was camping with a newborn? Did Annie hold up ok?

Aubrey said...

No actually where we camped in the lower campground it was perfect. Especially at night. Annie did great she still slep through the night fine.

Unknown said...

how fun. Have fun at the ward campout! SAD, I want to come!! :)

hey I noticed Jillian has her ears peirced, when do you get them done? I am trying to decide when I want to Anikas.

Annie looks so big in that picture of Kelsie holding her!